Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Beautiful May

In my place, the month of May is known as the 'month of flowers'. When I was a kid, we usually offer flowers to Santa Elena, then we go up to our town's version of kalbaryo to hear the mass in honor of her.

However, my poem Beautiful May does not say much about her. It tells about fruits, beaches and about fiestas - all things dear to my heart. Santa Elena is a great thing though, I just forgot to mention about her, same reason I tend to forget May 3 as another family tradition in recognition of her. Now, that's really bad of me.

Anyway, the month of May also holds birthdays of my beloved - four of them. And of course, a birthday of a best friend.

Now, some questions. Do you have a best friend? If you do, who? Is he or she a sister, a brother, a cousin, a parent or a sweetheart? Another thing, who can be that person with whom  you can rely next to God?

My poem Beautiful May, never shall I forget the 24th of the month.

Picture link
Page link

1 comment:

  1. I was here trying to leave a comment for the last 2 days, but blogger is giving me grief!!

    It's a fabulous poem, Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete