Friday, July 23, 2010

Dragonflies


The breezy clear weather of June,

and the scent of grass, a dejavu.

Colorful dragonflies flutter,

as the wind sings its beautiful tune.


My coming back to an old place,

your peaceful world that was once my own

Everything here, a reminisce,

without you, not a home anymore.


I used to hunt for dragonflies,

their magnificence, I want to keep.

You had been angered by it,

worried about my little mischief.


Yet you never said, I love you,

my foolishness, your disappointment.

I loathed you, but couldn’t hold.

You are always a father to me.


The gentle wind blows once again,

scattering dragonflies by the field.

Teary- eyed, I searched the heaven,

your new tranquil place with God.


Copyright by Phoenix Montoya 7/23/10


More sad poems:

Heaven's Promise