Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mesmerized


The sweet smell of the grass,

and the still light of the moon.

Perfect moment for us.

Our special time alone.


Under the starlit sky,

we taste each other’s lips.

How I melt in your embrace,

as the world remains asleep.


You whisper a secret,

dark and sinister, I hear.

Yet, your voice some music,

enigmatic to resist.


Thus, screams shatter the night,

foul, unspeakable curses.

As hooded men invade,

I hold on to your clutches.


Lover’s night into fight,

I yell, I weep and you claw

Alas, rivals have triumphed,

everything turns into black.


My heart bleeds as I wake,

finding no presence of you.

Murderous men have calmed,

beneath their feet – a demon!


(c) Phoenix Montoya @ October 23, 2010


More dark poems by this author:

Pendulum

My Elisha